Due to the weight-bearing properties of the pool,
swimming probably is the only sports which regardless its low-impact activity that has many physical and mental health benefits,
but also serves as an excellent way for overweight people to work out without straining their body.
Below are the top 7 Benefits of swimming:
- keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- improving flexibility
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
- providing a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day